A CareGiver Network Bylaws
ARTICLE I., NAME OF ORGANIZATION AND OFFICES
The name of the organization shall be A CareGiver Network. The principal offices of
A CareGiver Network shall be located in the City of Aurora, State of Colorado. The
Board of Directors will determine offices and their location.
ARTICLE II., PURPOSE
A CareGiver Network is organized to promote quality child care through education
ARTICLE III., MEMBERSHIP
Two (2) types of membership shall be available to anyone interested in children’s
(1) Regular Membership
(2) Electronic Membership
ARTICLE IV., OFFICERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. The elected Board of Directors shall be the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Two (2) State Representatives. Newsletter Editor and Membership Secretary.
2. All officers must be members of A CareGiver Network and shall attend meetings on a regular basis.
3. Members shall not make statements, endorsements, or represent opinions which are not current A CareGiver Network policy as being statements or opinions of Care Giver Network without prior written approval.
4. The elected Board of Directors shall follow the laws contained within the Colorado Revised Statutes (available at their local library) governing Colorado nonprofit organizations, the bylaws of A CareGiver Network, and the policies and procedures of A CareGiver Network in this respective order of importance.
ARTICLE V., ELECTIONS
1. A nomination Committee of at least tree (3) voting members shall be appointed by the Board of Directors to serve under the Vice President.
2. All terms of office will be for a period of two (2) years.
3. Elections will be held in September of even numbered years for the offices of President, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor and State Representative.
4. Elections will be held in September of odd numbered years for the office of Vice President, Secretary, Membership Secretary and State Representative.
5. Bylaw changes may only be made on the election ballot held in September.
6. All Voting A CareGiver Network members shall have voting privileges on one (1) official ballot.
ARTICLE VI., IMPEACHMENT
Removal from office of any Board of Director requires o two-thirds majority vote from the membership for any of the following reasons;
1. Nonpayment of membership fees.
2. Unfulfilled job responsibilities as stated in the Job Descriptions or Policy
3. Participating in an illegal activity.
ARTICLE VII., MEETINGS
A CareGiver Network will have monthly support meetings and bi-annual educational
ARTICLE VIII., COMMITTEES
Volunteer committees will be approved by the Board of Directors. Each committee shall select their own chairperson and secretary. A yearly or project ending written report
shall be filed with the President and with the Secretary. Committee members may serve
for a term of two (2) years or until their project is complete.
ARTICLE IX., ANNUAL AUDIT
The Treasurer’s records shall be audited annually by an independent tax professional approved by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE X., DISBURSEMENTS & CONTRACTS
1. All disbursement checks from the A CareGiver Network general account will be signed by two (2) of the three (3) designated officers of the Board of Directors.
2. Contracts involving A CareGiver Network may only be entered into with prior approval of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE XI., PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern in all cases to which they are applicable unless they are not consistent with these bylaws or any special rules or order A CareGiver Network may adopt.
ARTICLE XII., AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
These bylaws may be amended yearly during the September election of A CareGiver Network officers after presentation to the membership. Amendments should be presented
by an approved committee, in writing through the newsletter prior to the regular membership meeting for consideration; provided further, that said amendments be approved by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of all the members completed election ballots.
Traditional Bylaws are meant to be general enough so A CareGiver Network members can operate without major and frequent revisions. Information previously included has been written in a working set of policies and procedures, which will be reviewed as necessary. Approved October 2000